Saturday, March 1, 2014

Week Thirty...something. Why am I counting?

Hi everybody!

We had plenty of adventures this past week. On Tuesday, we were in charge of a service project at one of the Senior centers....and well, that was a bit of a disaster. No one wanted to come down and play balloon volleyball. But! Sister Marshall and I got to paint nails, color pictures, and make bracelets. Hopefully this week we will have a better turn out!
Later that day, we went and saw Lisa and Richard! AND GUESS WHAT?!! She is trying to quit smoking!! Isn't that incredible! We tried to meet with them later in the week, but they were sick! Rats. However, we were able to meet with a young woman in the ward who isn't active and it was really enjoyable! We going to meet with her today, too. Hopefully.

On Wednesday, we went to the temple at 5:30 in the morning. Picture it. 5 Elders, 2 Sisters, and a sister in our ward. Hilarious. We heard a bunch of funny mission stories. For example, one of the elders told us about an experience that he had when he knocked on a door and said, "Sorry to ruin your day, but we are missionaries...." what he meant to say, "Sorry to interrupt your day, but..." How hilarious! Also, I didn't even get car sick. Another sister gave me this stuff that's like Dramamine, but non-drowsy and I was walking on sunshine in the very backseat! How awesome! It's the little things in life that bring happiness :)

Thursday, we had an interesting experience. We were driving home from something and we saw a woman walking her dog. I knew that we needed to stop and I really didn't want to, but we did anyways. We got out and started walking her way, pretending that we were heading that way. We stopped her and pet her beautiful dog. She didn't want to stop, so we asked if we could walk with her, and she said we could, so we did. And man, she was booking it! My short legs were doing what they could to keep up without running.
We basically taught her the Restoration (the first missionary discussion) on our walk and asked if we could give her a copy of the Book of Mormon, and she said no, but it was okay! I felt so good after talking to her and just giving her the opportunity to hear the gospel. Even if people say no, you can still walk away on cloud 9. I know because it happened to me!

That's all I have time for, but know that I love you!


Love, Sister Hardy


So Sister Marshall and I got these sticky hearts in a valentine. Well, I tossed mine in the air and it got stuck to the ceiling. It's still there...Oh the things that make missionaries happy!


Yes. We got girl scout cookies! For free. BEST THING EVER.

 
Guess who I saw this week at the Temple?!!? Sister Knowlton (she trained me!)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment