Monday, April 6, 2015

8 December 2014. Last entry from the field: Is this real life?


This is my last email. Very surreal. I could update you all on what has been happening here in my area, but I'm not going to. My heart it full with gratitude towards the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me these last 17+ months. I don't even know what to say. I have learned so much. I have learned that eternal happiness, enduring happiness comes only from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. Nothing in this life matters unless we have a relationship with our Savior and His Father and Our Father. I think that is the most important thing that a very proud and stubborn girl could learn-who's in charge, or I guess I could say Who's in charge. 

I want you all to know that I know that this gospel is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know this because out here I've had to search more than I have ever searched to come to know for myself that this is true. I know that The Lord is very much aware of us. He hears our prayers. He knows us. Just as a parent can recognize his/her child's cry, our Father in Heaven knows and hears our cries. He loves us! I want to shout it from the roof tops here in Denver.  I've had all too many experiences that are evidence of God's love for us--my companion and I just happen to be at the right place at the right time when we had no intention of being where we were. That is the Lord's hand. I know it. I have felt it. 

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that without a doubt in my mind. I know it. It has brought me closer to my Heavenly King more than any other book. I know it is scripture. I know that any who desire to know and read from its pages will gain a witness of its truth and divinity. I know this. 

This gospel is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is at the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This work will continue on with or without us because it's true. These things I know! Which way do you face? If we do not face The Lord than we cannot obtain that full measure of happiness He has promised us if we live faithfully. 

I give my witness to you all that He lives! I love you and am grateful for your love and support. 

-Sister Johanna Hardy



No comments:

Post a Comment