Monday, April 6, 2015

24 Nov - 30 Nov

My first week in Parker. Parker doesn't look anything like the parts of Colorado I've served in. In Parker, it looks like a mini Utah. It's more hilly here and more country like. And there are tons of members! People fight over who gets to house the missionaries. Well ,not really fight, but there are waiting lists. Also, this place is like crazy safe. It's great because we can tract anywhere at anytime! 

Anyways, this week, we had a ton of meetings, but it was good. Something that Parker does differently from the other stakes I've served in is they train their missionaries weekly. So a member of the stake presidency comes and gives a training to the missionaries every tuesday. Cool, huh? The ward here in Clarke Farms is amazing when it comes to missionary work. All of the baptisms here are because of great members who fellowship and love their neighbors enough to share the gospel. It is incredible. I am learning so much about how to be a member missionary while I am here. 

Once a week, the sisters teach this group of students from Asia English. On Friday was my first time and we did a game where the students are given a letter and a category and they have to come up with as many words that fit that category and start with that particular letter. It was a blast. But the coolest part was when we began teaching them the Plan of Salvation. Their english isn't the best, but the Spirit teaches and touches in every language. It was a testimony builder to me. There were a few students who were really engaged and were trying to process what they were hearing. It was wonderful! 

Also, I have an amazing story to share, but it will have to wait until next week because I am almost all out of time.

I love this gospel. I know it is true. I have come to understand my Savior more in these last seventeen months than I knew was possible. The Savior's Atonement has become more and more real to me. I'm going to make a plug here for the new short christmas video called "He is the Gift." It's about three minutes long and you can find it on christmas.mormon.org. It shows the real meaning of Christmas. The first gift of Christmas is Christ. 

I love you all! 
Love, Sister Hardy 

Pictures from Aurora. 
1. Patrick and his wife! He will be getting baptized on Saturday! 
2. Dave!!! He is getting baptized on the 12th! And I got permission to go :D



No comments:

Post a Comment