Monday, September 8, 2014

Week of 2 September - 7 Sept 2014‏

Welllllllll! I have a new companion! Her name is SISTER PACKER! Yes, she is related to the hilarious Packer family back in Thornton. Love her to pieces. Sister Hanshaw is now in Brighton and I am still in Bible Park. Going on 6 months--woot woot! This place is amazing! And I am so loving it :D.

My last week with Sister Hanshaw went by SO FAST. We had a LOT of fun (and some crazy) things happen. We went to a museum on P-day and there were some members of the Littleton stake there! And then we got free cookies from another member when we went out for lunch. For example, we went on exchanges with some Sisters in the stake and we were meeting up to exchange back--I was in Greenwood village for the night with Sister Wily. Anywho, Sister Hanshaw and I got locked out of the car after 9pm. IT WAS HORRIBLE. Luckily, the Greenwood village sisters were still there and we sat in their car and waited for the magic door unlocker to come save us! YAY!

We met this amazing woman from England, Betty, and she has the coolest accent--she made me miss my dear Sister Reynolds! Well Betty hasn't been to church in years and so we began teaching her the missionary lessons. It was very interesting to see how necessary this gospel is in order to find TRUE happiness. Side note, she has a dog named Hillary and that dog does NOT like me. She growled at me like the entire lesson. I'd reach for my scriptures and she would bark and bark. Is it bad that I thought it was so comical?

OH! And Bruce got baptized! He is such a sweet man. He really has such a big heart and he calls us his family. SO PRECIOUS. Bruce has been a breeze to teach. He gave up coffee like it was __________. He is so amazing! He really was so prepared--such a beautiful soul.

Honestly, I can't remember the rest of the week, so I will give you a rundown about what happened last night after transfers. SO. S Packer and I were driving down the street and we feel this prompting to stop this guy (blue shirt) who was walking on the sidewalk, so we find a place to park in a nearby plaza and walk really quickly to try and catch up with him. Well, he is walking WAY too fast. The only way Sister Packer and I are going to catch up with him is to run. And we see this other guy (black shirt) and we try to start talking to him, but he's not interested, so we ask each other, "Should we chase that man(blue shirt)?" Immediately, I think, "No, that would be creepy." And then the Atonement pops into my head and I say, "You know what?! He needs this!" And then we chased the guy down the street. Yep. His name is Ben and his best friend is a member of the church and he said that he doesn't have any intentions on changing his religion, BUT we got his number and he said we could meet up. Isn't that awesome!?

AND THEN. Right after, we had down on our plans to go see a recent convert (we didn't have a set appointment) and it just didn't feel right. We felt that we needed to go see a woman, T, who hasn't been coming to church consistently. So we go over there and it wasn't a good time, but we set up another time. Anyways, Sister Packer suggests that we try to find out where this other woman lives that we saw before we saw T. So we try to see where she could have gone into with no luck, but then we see a man changing a tire! We go and introduce ourselves and he tells us his name is Silver and he is from Honduras. Anyways, we start teaching him about the Restoration and he asks us a whole bunch of super awesome questions AND we have an appointment with him later this week!

Follow promptings. They know the way.

I love this gospel more and more everyday! I love my mission! I love being a missionary! I love seeing the change that happens in others, but I have loved seeing the change that my mission has brought about in me!

I love you all!
Sister Hardy



We had a sisters meeting for the missionaries in the stake! I love them so much!



One HUGE thing I have learned in the last 14 months is that the older I get, the more the time flies. Seriously, I feel like summer just started yesterday, and now it is September! Holy cannoli! Note to reader: enjoy EVERY day.

Now for my weekly report. Alright. SO. Sister Packer and I were trying to find people to teach and we were at this apartment complex trying to see this woman, but she wasn't home. Well, we knocked on this other door because I had seen an investigator there some months earlier. There was an answer and the woman was actually someone that the sisters taught once before very briefly, so that turned into just casual conversation. We decided to leave, but when we were on our way to the car we heard some voices coming from an apartment on the third floor of the building and so we made our way up there, thinking it was a prompting, and miracle! A family from the Middle East answered the door and let us say a prayer of peace over their home. The daughter who let us in told us that they believe in Christ as more than a prophet--well, at least that's what we gathered from the conversation. She had a pretty awesome and thick accent. (Seriously. I LOVE being a missionary. You meet so many people from different walks of life!) She told us that we were welcome to come back and you know we jumped on that offer. The problem is that she works 2 jobs, so it might be a bit crazy to get a time to stop by. But if it's meant to be, it will be!

We also had an amazing miracle on Tuesday. We stopped by a referral and taught this potential investigator from Ethiopia, Sonia. She had some awesome questions about the Book of Mormon. She was really confused as to why we have the Book of Mormon and so we shared with her the reasons behind another volume of scripture and we were horrible missionaries and didn't have a copy on us, so we had to bring her a copy the next day. Well, we knocked on Sonia's door with the Book of Mormon and her face just lit up and she was SO excited. She was so thankful for it. Sonia made it seem like we were giving her gold! When she reads it, she will come to know that we are giving her something far beyond the price of gold.

On Sunday, we had the opportunity to visit with an older couple in the ward. The wife has had her cancer come back FOUR times and this past week she found out it came back again! (There is a word for that, but I can't think of it). Anyways, we went over to comfort and to invite the spirit into their homes. The husband said that she would enjoy it. Well, as we talked with her I was touched at the faith that both she and her husband have. Although cancer has been at the door for the past several years, we were all reminded of what the Savior has done for each of us. He has suffered, bled, and died. He has lived out lives. He knows our circumstances and the reality of our trials--because He has lived them. I know that He lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ. This knowledge has changed me more than I can say!

I love you all! Remember to brush your teeth and say your prayers!
Alma 7:11-13
Sister Hardy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment