Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week of 21 July through 27 July 2014‏

 Look at that Colorado Sky!


 
 
 
 
And look who I got to see!!! Sister Mata'itusi! We had a leadership meeting where I saw a lot of other missionaries that I've served with.
 





We had to fill up the font, so I was pretending to baptize Sister Hanshaw. The plug doesn't work properly, so we had to get in there and try to fix it! And nothing worked. We ended up filling it twice!


 
 
 B got baptized!!! Her husband was trying to contain his excitement!
 



 

This past week was the first week of the transfer and so that means a lot of meetings and a lot of new goals! It also means a breakfast with all the missionaries in the stake!

There were a lot of things that happened this week. But I want to focus on one particular event that happened this week. B, a woman who I've been seeing since I got here in Bible Park, was baptized! A brief background on B: She has been attending The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the past three years. A year ago she married a member of the church. She is super active in the church. She just wanted to make sure she wanted to change for herself. She wanted to know that this was absolutely true. And she does! She was baptized last night and right after she was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! And then her baby, Graham, was blessed.
I just want to share my thoughts of her journey to the waters of baptism. As she and her husband, Paul, were standing in the water (which was freezing cold and draining--hence why we had to fill up the font twice!), all I could think of is how this is the first big step towards them having an eternal family. I began to cry as I saw the joy in the eyes of all those who were present and especially the eyes of Paul and B. In a year from now, they will be able to be sealed for time and eternity in the House of the Lord. How wonderful will that day be! I know that families can be together forever, but the only way to secure that is by making special promises with our Father in Heaven in those special places called temples.

There are so many other things that happened this week, but all seem small in comparison to B's baptism and confirmation. I know that this church is true. I know that this is Christ's church. Our Bishop here in the Bible Park ward said something along the lines of "The church is true. If it wasn't the 19 year old missionaries would have run it into the ground years ago." With that being said, all who are members of this church have experienced some opposition, I know I have. It has made my testimony immovable.

Christ lives! He loves us and knows us!

I love you all!
Sister Hardy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment