Friday, January 10, 2014

Week 26: My first ticket‏

This week was a week of firsts. We had to stay home for Wednesday night and some of Thursday because I've been sick. It also was my first New Year's Eve going to bed early on purpose--I was actually in bed by 9. I didn't accidentally fall asleep! And, lastly, it was my first ticket.
Story behind the ticket, we were on our way home from a meeting in Aurora (which is about an hour drive away from where we are in Thornton) and I ran a red light. Everyone who has been in the car long enough with me knows that I don't do well with heavy traffic for long periods of time. No one was hurt and the intersection was clear.

So remember Lee? Well, he dropped us, but that's okay! Because he said it was still okay to go over and visit his grandpa. It was really sad when he told us that he wasn't interested in meeting with us. His father told him to not have anything to deal with us and he trusts his father. The best thing to do in this situation is to show him love.

Now with the positive things that have happened this week! We were able to meet Christiana--a mother of two. She was really kind and said we could come back this week and talk to her. We will go see her tomorrow. It's kind of a cool story how we found her. Sister Marshall and I were trying to contact referrals when I made a wrong turn. I turned into a cul-de-sac and so we had to turn around. Anyways, there was this woman--she had just gotten out of her car and was heading inside. We drove off and I felt like we should go knock her door. Well, I pushed the thought out and again, I felt like we should go back and see her, so we did. I don't know if it'll go anywhere, but we'll see!!

Because Sister Marshall is so new and because we don't have a huge teaching pool, we've been teaching members in the ward as if they were investigating the church. It's been really cool. We've been able to practice and the members have been able to remember their conversions stories/see how it would feel without the gospel.

We met with the Lisa and Richard again this week. AND CAN I JUST SAY THAT LISA GETS IT?! We had asked her to read from the Book of Mormon and pray before reading and it made all the difference! She told us that she prayed before she read and that she believes in the Book of Mormon! Not only that, but in past visits she's expressed a concern about her dyslexia and how it's harder for her to understand what she reads because she is so focused on the words. BUT. This time she understood the reading! IT WAS INCREDIBLE. I wanted to cry I was so stinkin' happy!

We've met with Linda a lot this week. We've tried to emphasize the Atonement and the healing power that it has. She has been struggling and we've been trying to help her in any way we can. This week will be one of mighty prayer. You know Enos in the Book of Mormon? That will be me.

I love you all and I miss you. I know that the only way to find peace is through Jesus Christ. Rely on Him and everything will fall in place. I've said it once and I'll say it twice. I did not come out here on a mission to teach people about something that is a bunch of nonsense. I came out here to help people come to know Jesus Christ. I know that He can heal you. He has healed me.

Love,
Sister Hardy
 



The first picture is of Licorice. We call her "Lu." She mostly lays around and stuff. But, we love her.

While we were studying we found a sacrament cup in the couch. It's not everyday you find one of those!
 
Look at all the snow! Plows do not come to the back roads. We live in a cul-de-sac now and it's all iced over
 
Sister Marshall and I went to contact a referral and we saw this!! The weird part about it was that you can't see the face from the road. You can only see it from the porch.

.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment