Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"...My joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God."

  Butter beer. Harry Potter :)
 
 
 
 
Love this family!


Wowza. This week went by SUPER fast.

We had some super cool miracles. First. Sister Packer and I were trying to see a former investigator for our appointment, Ryan. Well, we knock on his door and he isn't home. BUMMED. I was super excited to see him! Anyways, Sister Packer and I have this feeling that we need to go see his friend, Rani--who just so happens to be a member of the church. Well, so we go see Rani because we feel like we need to (and I really didn't want to because I felt that we would be spending our time better else where). Anyways, Rani and her mother are home and we ask them if we can help them in any way. They decline our offer, but Irene (Rani's mom) says, "There is a woman in apt 307. Her name is Brianna and she is looking for a church to go to." WHOA. At this point I'm feeling like David after the dentist, "Is this real life?" We leave and quickly go to see Brianna and talk to her (thankfully she was home! ) AND set up an appointment. We see her on Friday AND she is asking all the right questions and SO OPEN. Miracles. Miracles. Miracles. We couldn't even teach all of the first lesson because she had SO many things to say and questions to ask. IT WAS AMAZING.
Another experience: we were leaving our dinner appointment and we were walking back to the car when we passed a less active member's door. We kept walking and finally, we turned around submitting to the prompting that we were given--we felt that we needed to go back and knock on her door. We go back and knock on her door. While we are waiting for someone to answer, Sister Packer turns to me and tells me that we have knocked on this door before and that Maya, the woman we were looking for, doesn't live there. Sure enough this older woman answers the door and we apologize but offer to say a prayer with her. She accepts and INVITES US IN. Oh yes. We say a prayer with her and we were super STOKED.

Then later in the week, we went on exchanges. I was with Sister Grossman in the YSA ward in the stake. Our eight o'clock appointment cancelled and we were bummed because that is the all time hardest appointment to fill. Anyways, we being trying to find some former investigators and NO ONE is home and/or they don't live there anymore. We are about to go knock on another door when we see this young family in the parking lot running around and having some fun. We approach them and learn that they are from Egypt and just recently moved here. We talk to the wife, Hanaa, while the husband runs around with their little boy. Well, we basically explain why our message is so different from other churches. We talk about prophets and the Restoration a wee bit. We ask if we can come back and talk to her more and she accepts! We will be seeing her family tomorrow night. Miracles happen!

Also. Side note. Sister Packer and I have been listening to this amazing talk! From Mafia to Mormon or something like that. IT IS INCREDIBLE.

The Gospel is true. Jesus lives! He loves us and He is the light of the world. He is the reason we have and find happiness every day.
Love you all! Sister Hardy


 




 Guess who I got to see!!! SISTER HANSHAW
 
 
 
 
exchanges


1. WENDY GOT BAPTIZED! The two little boys are Brian and CP.
2. You know how I love children!


Hi all!
This week was great! We had an AMAZING week. We had the chance to see the movie--yes, A MOVIE--"Meet the Mormons." It was SO GOOD. If any of you have questions about members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you should totally watch this movie. It goes through the lives of six families and they share how our unique message has shaped their lives and why they keep with it. INCREDIBLE.
If you haven't seen the pictures yet, you should look really quickly because WENDY GOT BAPTIZED! Isn't that awesome? She was so ready! When we saw her on Saturday, she told us that when she went to starbucks she didn't get coffee! Aw yeah. We were so proud. Wendy was just GLOWING when she got out of the font. It was incredible. Wendy really understands why her baptism was so important. She understood that her baptism meant she was making a covenant (a two-way, binding promise with God). She was SO ready.
I think the best thing about seeing someone enter the waters of baptism is seeing the change that has taken place. They have a greater light. It's incredible.
Seeing people enter into the waters of baptism helps me remember the missionaries who taught me, my baptism, and my conversion. It helps me remember the happiness that was brought to my family.  We made room for the Lord to bless us and we have been filled time and time again with the blessings that the gospel has brought to our lives. My life has forever been changed. "And whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he" (Proverbs 16:20).
If you have any questions why we pursue sharing our message so strongly, you should listen to this talk give yesterday by one of the apostles of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Elder David A. Bednar shared with the world yesterday as to why we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints feel so inclined to share our message with the world. He tells a story of two of his sons. They were outside playing and the younger was scratched up for a little one and needed some tender love and care. The older took the younger inside and washed his brother's arm, put some soothing cream on it, and placed bandages all up and down the boy's arm. The younger brother, when his elder brother was finished, took the bandages and the creme outside with him to help all his friends. I totally butchered the story, but watch it, read it, listen to it, whatever! It all makes sense as to why we freely share our message with those around us. (As you can tell, I loved General Conference! If you haven't watched it, no time is better than now!).
This gospel is true. It has changed me. It can change you!
I love you all!
Sister Hardy

"...My joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things..." (Alma 26:11-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment